Sunday, March 3, 2013

Buckwild Season 1

Buckwild was a refreshing new reality show that I absolutely adored. The cast was lovable, funny, dramatic and real which is a perfect mix to make a perfect show. This show showed genuine friendships and real arguments. Unlike most other shows they wouldn't argue over little things and hold grudges they would argue about relationships, friendships and backstabbing. Don't get me wrong there was plenty of drama but it was real drama.

Pros:
Genuine Friendships- As I said before watching this show you can tell that the cast really does love each other  we see them laughing and joking every episode and it is nice to see. This is only the first season so I give it one or two more seasons before they hate each others guts but for now its nice to watch.

New Concept- Many people say this show is trying to be the new Jersey Shore but I see it as a completely new and fresh idea. The drinking and partying is repetitive in most reality television shows but seeing true friendships and all their different personalities is new and fresh.

Cons:
Too short of a season- This show only lasted six weeks with back to back half an hour episodes, all together we saw only 6 hours of footage. It should have been 12 hour long episodes and they should have filmed longer to give us an even better connection to the cast.

More Fights- This is going to sound terrible for me to say but even though I was never bored while watching this show, I do wish there were a few more fights. I love my train wreck reality television and I would like to see some more action.

Review of Cast In Order of Fave to Least Fave:
Salwa-  She was my favorite of the season, she seemed the most genuine of the whole cast. I connected with her the most because I could tell she wasn't putting on a front for the cameras.

Anna- My second favorite, she was the loud mouth and the fighter but I loved how she stuck up for herself and for her friends. I can respect that.

Shain- The star of the show, his one liners and funny moments are what made the viewers tune in. He also seemed like a caring and sweet person.

Ashley- The female version of Shain, she was witty, honest and funny. Ashley was a perfect person for this show.

Tyler- He was very real and also very funny. Even though he may be a little slow I feel like he has a big heart and would stick up for any of his cast members.

Joey- Tyler's sidekick, other than his relationship with Shae he didn't do much for me.

Shae- After her drama with Jesse she was dying for a plot line, so she went for Joey. Their relationship does not seem real to me and I am not buying it.

Cara- I didn't have a problem with her but she kept butting into everyone else's business and it got annoying after awhile.

Katie- She really got under my skin for some reason, she just seemed the most immature and I thought she was 15 while watching the show.
Overall Grade: B-, I love this show but I am going to need to see more before I can give it an A, it has a lot of potential.

What I Would Like to See on Season 2: On season 2 I would like them to add two or three more cast members to shake up some drama. Preferably two guys and a really pretty girl. I also think they should ax Shae and Joey, their story lines have run their course and they bore me. I want Katie and Cara on the next season just so they could change my opinions on them and hopefully see them mature. I also want to see the Tyler- Ashley- Katie love triangle more on Season 2. Also more Salwa!! Bump her up to a main cast member and have them show her arrest drama.


No comments:

Post a Comment